Thursday, February 16, 2006

"You're a Winner"

"They announced today that the lottery reached a world record. You want me to buy you a ticket?"

"Why?"

"Why? Because for a couple bucks you could be a gajillionaire. Pass me that plate."

"Here. Yeah, well, you could have bought a ticket yesterday and still have been a gajillionaire."

"So?"

"So, what's so different today? What, $150 million isn't good enough for you but now that it's $365 million, now that's real money?"

"Ha, ha. So, you're saying we should buy tickets every day."

"I don't buy them at all."

"Why not? You don't win if you don't play."

"I don't believe in it."

"You don't believe in the lottery?"

"That's what I said, yeah."

"What don't you believe."

"That it's worth pissing my money away. You might as well throw your money into that garbage disposal."

"Whatever. You have a stick up your butt."

"What? What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're afraid to take risks. You're sitting on the sidelines. You're afraid to hope."

"That's deep, man. So, what would you do if you won?"

"Well first thing is, I'd never work at Denny's again."

# # #

No comments:

Webring