Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"Sign of the Times"

"Here ye! Here ye!"

"No, no. It's 'Hear ye!'"

"That's what I said."

"No you didn't. You said 'Here ye! Here ye!"

"You're telling me there's a difference in what I said and what you said?"

"Well, yes, of course. In the first instance, you are, perhaps, calling people over to speak, crying 'over here! over here!' You're speaking of a place aren't you?"

"I suppose, but..."

"Now, in the second instance, you're crying 'Attend to me! Listen! For I have news! Hear, ye, to the important tidings which I bear."

"Bare? Far from it, I'd say. As a matter of fact, I'm rather sweaty in this ridiculous costume. But the king requires it, so that is what I wear."

"What are you talking about? Where?"

"Well, right here, in fact."

"I'm sorry. What did you hear?"

"I said that I'm right here. That's what I said."

"Well, I'm not sure I should write anything here, but if you have a quill and some ink, I'm sure I could scribble out something for you."

"What were we talking about again?"

"Your town crying. You're spelling your cries wrong."

"I most certainly am not."

"You are."

"I think we'll just have to agree to disagree."

"I disagree. I'll do nothing of the sort."

"I can't here you...."

"Stop that!"

# # #

What do you think? Click the envelope below to comment, or email me.

1 comment:

Kadet said...

OK...this one is pretty stupid. Forgive me... :-)

Webring